Eric J. Robbie
- (617) 279-8209
Eric J. Robbie is a Partner at CMBG3 Law and is licensed to practice in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
An experienced trial attorney, Eric’s practice includes civil litigation, coverage analysis and appellate practice, as well as defense litigation in asbestos/toxic torts, product liability, personal injury and environmental claims matters, as well as complex commercial matters, including class action litigation. Eric specializes as a courtroom litigator, often taking the toughest cases to court when a settlement cannot be reached. He has successfully argued numerous summary judgment motions, worked with clients on both appellate and settlement strategy, and has represented corporate clients as National Coordinating Counsel for strategy and management of national asbestos litigation.
Eric is Co-Chair of CMBG3’s Appellate Practice Group. He also serves on the Massachusetts Asbestos Litigation Defense Group’s Sub-committee on Discovery and Deposition Practice, which focuses on methods and manner of discovery and deposition practice, developing global defense strategies for issues affecting the Asbestos practice group, and tackling projects such as a revision of the comprehensive master discovery requests for the entire consolidated asbestos docket.
Prior to joining CMBG3, Eric worked in insurance injury litigation for both plaintiffs and insurers. In addition, Eric has represented indigent defendants in the criminal courts, and has worked with free legal assistance services representing clients in housing, public benefit, and disability matters.
Outside of the office, Eric leads hiking trips throughout New England with Appalachian Mountain Club and supports numerous environmental causes.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2012
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, B.A. in Political Science, 2006
- Rhode Island
- Thomas C. Clark Competition for Appellate Advocacy, quarter-finalist, 2009
- Thomas C. Clark Competition for Appellate Advocacy, quarter-finalist, 2010
- Thomas C. Clark Competition for Appellate Advocacy, quarter-finalist, 2011
In the Media
- Governor Baker’s COVID-19 Closure Orders Held Constitutional December 13, 2020
- MA to Provide Small Business Grants to COVID-19 Distressed Businesses October 22, 2020
- Business Interruption MDL Created for One Insurer, Denied for Others October 8, 2020
- COVID Reopening Violations – Losses, Fines, and Liability October 1, 2020
- CMBG3 Celebrates the Life of Justice Ralph D. Gants September 16, 2020
- Business Interruption MDL Declined By Federal Court…For Now August 14, 2020
- CMBG3 Attends Conversation With Sen. Whitehouse August 13, 2020
- First Look: Business Liability Protection in Senate Republican’s COVID-19 Relief Bill July 28, 2020
- Five Pointers For Peak Performance In Remote Deposition Practice July 21, 2020
- Civil Unrest Adds to Challenges Facing Business Interruption Claims June 15, 2020