Brendan J. Gaughan
(617) 279-8215 Email me
Brendan Gaughan is a Partner at CMBG3, with an active civil litigation practice in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts. Brendan is a successful and experienced trial attorney, having tried over 30 jury trials to verdict. He specializes in the defense of products liability claims, toxic torts, construction defect and accident litigation, employment discrimination, dram shop claims and bad faith litigation. He represents product manufacturers, national and international corporations, property owners and national insurance companies. Brendan's trial experience includes matters involving a wide variety of disputed claims, including wrongful death, toxic tort, traumatic brain injury, product defect, construction accidents, breach of contract, bad faith, and dram shop liability.
In addition to his trial work, Brendan also devotes a substantial portion of his practice to advising clients with respect to risk and coverage analysis. Brendan routinely provides counsel and direct representation to insurance companies relative to issues of insurance coverage, insurer bad faith and risk management. Brendan has been a frequent presenter at insurance symposiums across the country on various coverage-related issues.
- Suffolk University Law School, 2000
- Boston College, 1996
- “Trial Tactics In the Courtroom”, Defense Asbestos Litigation Seminar (DALS); 2019
- “Trial of a Cosmetic Talc Mesothelioma Case”, Harris Martin’s California Asbestos Litigation Conference; 2018
- “The Evolving Landscape of Digital Devices to Combat Fraud”, America’s Claims Event (ACE); 2017
- “Wearable Technology: A New Tool in Claims Defense”, Property & Liability Resource Bureau’s (PLRB) National Claims Conference; 2017
- I am rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience.
- I was named to the “Rising Stars” list in New England Super Lawyers for five years, including 2016. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Massachusetts are selected as “Rising Star” Super Lawyers.
- I am also listed as a Massachussetts “Super Lawyer” for 2017.
- I also served as a judge for the Yale University Mock Trial Competition for the past six years.