Jeniffer A.P. Carson
(617) 279-8213 Email me
Client interests come first, above everything else.
Dedication, perseverance and a commitment to excellence are attributes I bring to each service role I hold, which includes: trial lawyer, litigator, advisor, business owner, mental healthcare advocate, community volunteer, charity fundraiser, artist, home-cook, wife and mother of two. Juggling these responsibilities under tight time constraints forces one to develop the skills and fortitude necessary to be an affective attorney, including: creativity, decisiveness, persuasion and influence, ferocious advocacy, efficiency, empathy, diplomacy, a network of resources, a project management mindset, multi-dimensional perspective and innovative vision. These skills combined with strong instincts, sound judgment, and a never quit-fighting spirit are what I draw upon to deliver results for our clients.
Since 1999, when I began practicing law, I tried over 20 high profile, multiparty, complex cases. I am privileged to serve as regional trial counsel and national negotiator for corporations including some Fortune 100 and 500 companies. For more than 15 years, I have served as National Coordinating Counsel to corporations where I develop, implement, supervise and manage the strategic defense of client’s nationwide litigation. My work in asbestos litigation led to an appointment to the Massachusetts State and Federal Court Asbestos Defense Executive Committee. In that capacity, I advocate for and protect the litigation-wide interests of the defense group.
My expertise in the technical aspects of science (geology, microscopy, minerology), medicine (causation, oncology, toxicology), insurance and regulatory laws (federal and state) provides our clients with counsel based on a comprehensive and nuanced understanding of all issues involved in legal claims. This knowledge provides a solid foundation for any complex litigation and led to my work in talc claims. I have been invited to present on talc litigation (ovarian and asbestos-inhalation) at national conferences and private industry groups several times since the beginning of 2016. Some representative presentations include: The Environmental and Emerging Claim Manager Association (EECMA) Annual Conference and the American Bar Association (ABA) Annual Spring Meeting of the Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Committee.
Finally, I am deeply committed to charitable endeavors, pro bono cases and community concerns. As the daughter of an immigrant, and grandchild of Armenian genocide survivors, I feel a deep sense of responsibility for helping those who cannot help themselves. I work in various capacities to increase awareness for and to destigmatize mental illnesses in the hopes of achieving better health care and improved access to healthcare for families to obtain help for their loved ones. I have been involved in non-profit organizations for nearly 30 years including Rotary International and St. James Armenian Church in Watertown, Massachusetts, where I was Parish Counsel, Strategic Planning Fundraising Chair, and chair of several children’s fundraising events.
- Suffolk University Law School, 1999
- Suffolk University, B.S. Legal Argument Communications, Minor in Political Science, 1996
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Rhode Island State Court (asbestos docket-wide pro hac vice)
- 2017 Emerging and Environmental Claims Managers Association (EECMA) annual conference - Orlando, FL - Carcinogen Classifications: Update, Impact and How Effectively Used At Trial
- Named as a “Super Lawyer” in Massachusetts Super Lawyers 2018-2019
- Named “Rising Star” in the New England Super Lawyers 2005-2014
- "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Who’s Who in American Law 2009-2010
- The Class Action Administration, Inc., Super Lawyer 2007
- I am rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience.
- I was named to the “Rising Stars” list in New England Super Lawyers for five years, including 2016. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Massachusetts are selected as “Rising Star” Super Lawyers.
- I am also listed as a Massachussetts “Super Lawyer” for 2017.
- I also served as a judge for the Yale University Mock Trial Competition for the past six years.