Director of Client Relations & Public Policy
(617) 279-8232 Email me
As the Director of Client Relations & Public Policy at CMBG3 Law, Amaran works closely with the firm’s senior leadership team providing client relationship support to the firm’s clientele. She is also responsible for managing and implementing strategic initiatives that support firm development and practice group goals.
In addition to her client relations role, Amaran is also a member of the Government Relations team. Amaran analyzes and provides guidance on policy issues important to CMBG3’s practice groups. She is also responsible for creating government relations strategies for clients and developing responses to legislation at the federal and state level. Amaran maintains relationships with key legislators and agency members. As a lobbyist she also advocates on issues important to the firm’s clients.
Amaran’s community involvement includes representing CMBG3 as a member of the New England Council and on the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s City Awake Advisory Board, Public Policy & Government, Financial Services, and Climate & Energy Leadership Councils. She is also a member of the Senator Edward M. Kennedy Institute, and Tomorrow’s Women Today.
Before dedicating her career to the legal field, Amaran lived in Geneva, Switzerland where she worked for Mandat International, a foundation with special consultative status to the United Nations. Amaran also worked for the late Senator Edward Kennedy, focusing on Constituent Services in Veteran Affairs, Workers’ Compensation, Social Security and Medicare.
- Westfield State University, B.A., Political Science 2007
- CFA Investment Foundations Certificate 2016
- Certificate of Public Policy Analysis, London School of Economics and Political Science, February 2021
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2011 - Present
- Rated "AV-Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell
- I am rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience.
- I was named to the “Rising Stars” list in New England Super Lawyers for five years, including 2016. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Massachusetts are selected as “Rising Star” Super Lawyers.
- I am also listed as a Massachussetts “Super Lawyer” for 2017.
- I also served as a judge for the Yale University Mock Trial Competition for the past six years.