Luis A. Barba
Supervising Partner – Irvine
(949) 467-9610 Email me
I have been litigating a wide variety of cases for the past 14 years. As a result, I have had the opportunity to learn a great deal on a wide scope of areas of law from Toxic Tort/Environmental issue to Equestrian litigation. Over the past seven years, I have focused my practice on representing national corporations in nationwide complex litigation matters, with a primary emphasis in products liability defense. As a result of hard work and dedication to developing my skills as a litigator, I have been recognized as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine from 2013 - 2014 and 2017-2019, along with numerous other accolades. I also have extensive experience defending developers and contractors in disputes that involve complex construction defect disputes.
In my considerable experience in Toxic Tort/Environmental matters, I have taken hundreds of percipient and expert witness depositions, tried several cases as both first and second chair, and resolved multi-million dollar claims. I have worked throughout the years to develop my knowledge of the complex medical and scientific issues that arises in these matters and I work closely with General Counsel and claim representatives in analyzing various Toxic Tort claims to determine the validity thereof in order to serve the clients' interests.
I have been called upon by the Orange County Bar Association to give presentations on various subject matters relating to Landlord-Tenant law, including those specifically relating to evictions. I also previously served on the Board of Directors for the Orange County Hispanic Bar Association.
I look forward to working with you and providing dedicated representation with the main focus of achieving the best outcome.
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of California, Riverside, B.A. Political Science, 2002
- Orange County Bar Association’s Bridging the Gap CLE, Unlawful Detainers In Landlord-Tenant Situations, 2011
- Orange County Bar Association’s Bridging the Gap CLE, Unlawful Detainers In Landlord-Tenant Situations, 2010
- Claims Magazine, “Defending Construction Defect Claims”, March 2019 (cover story)
- Co-author, “Burned Investors Guidebook: Using Legal Means to Recover Stock and Commodity Losses”
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2013-2014, 2017-2019
- Orange County Magazine, listed as a Top 25 Up-And-Coming Attorney, 2019