- Drafts initial case pleadings for attorney review, including notices of appearance and answers.
- Reviews and summarizes discovery responses served by all parties in the case (plaintiff, co-defendant(s)).
- Performs fact investigation of parties, jobsites, companies, and other entities using various publicly-available resources.
- Drafts subpoenas for records collections.
- Locates and conducts pre-interviews with potential trial witnesses.
- Identifies key documents to support deposition examinations, summary judgment motions, and other pre-trial motions.
- Reviews and summarizes document productions including medical records, employment records, Social Security records, Naval records, sales records, invoices, internal communications and other documents
- Coordinates with expert witnesses for retention and review of case materials.
- Researches and analyzes applicable case law for various pre-trial motions.
- Reviews and summarizes deposition testimony for pre-trial motions and cross-examinations.
- Responsible for maintaining case files and preparing trial boxes, as needed.
- Prior paralegal experience preferred.
- Familiarity with legal documents and terminology.
- Extensive computer and database expertise with proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work as a team with attorneys and other colleagues.
- Demonstrates a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- Seeks continuous development and growth opportunities.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred).
- Paralegals & Legal Assistants: 1 year (Preferred).
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance