(949) 467-9602 Email me
A life-long Orange County resident, Jessica Macias obtained her Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice from California State University, Fullerton. At the same time, she worked on a paralegal certificate from her local community college. Jessica hopes to grow more in her Legal Assistant role to utilize her diverse background.
Prior to joining CMBG3 Law, Jessica worked in several other law firms in supportive positions, acclimating herself to the fast-paced nature of the field. There is no better lesson than preparing seven boxes worth of binders for a trial the following week. In each of her roles, Jessica always strove to exemplify adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills. Flexibility in any situation has been an invaluable tool in her working life.
Outside of work, you can usually find Jessica’s nose in a book. Though she will usually give anything a try,her favored genres are fantasy and science fiction.
- Fullerton College Paralegal Certification Program, 2017
- California State University, Fullerton, B.A. Criminal Justice, 2016
- “10 celebrities who almost became lawyers instead of becoming famous,” Inside Counsel, Feb. 4, 2015
- “How Facebook can still be an attorney’s ‘best friend forever’,” Inside Counsel, Dec. 19, 2014
- “9 famous figures whom you might not have known were attorneys,” Inside Counsel, Nov. 20, 2014
- “Silver, Garlic and Attorney’s Fees: How Judges May Increasingly Employ Fee-Shifting to Ward Off So- Called ‘Patent Trolls,” Orange County Lawyer, Oct., 2014
- “Top 8 Low-Tech ‘Life Hacks’ for Lawyers,” Inside Counsel, Oct. 1, 2014
- “The Top 4 Advantages of Trade Secret Protection,” Inside Counsel, Sept. 18, 2014
- “Top 5 Technology Pitfalls for Attorneys to Avoid,” Inside Counsel, Aug. 8, 2014
- “8 Great Websites that Attorneys Absolutely Must Know About,” Inside Counsel, July 10, 2014
- “Prince and the Copyright Revolution (Part One),” Inside Counsel, Apr. 29, 2014
- “Prince and the Copyright Revolution (Part Two),” Inside Counsel, May 13, 2014
- “Prince and the Copyright Revolution (Part Three),” Inside Counsel, May 27, 2014
- I am rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience.
- I was named to the “Rising Stars” list in New England Super Lawyers for five years, including 2016. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Massachusetts are selected as “Rising Star” Super Lawyers.
- I am also listed as a Massachussetts “Super Lawyer” for 2017.
- I also served as a judge for the Yale University Mock Trial Competition for the past six years.