CMBG3 is committed to learning actionable Diversity, Equity and Inclusion practices to make our workplace more inclusive. John P. Gardella, Amaran Toppa, and Seta Accaoui completed Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s (GBCC) Transformational DEI Certificate program in December 2020, which involved a six session training course on actionable tools to use in our workplace to help increase awareness of biases, and address changes needed to promote a culture of DEI in our practice.
From the GBCC website:
“Overview of Certificate: Fluency in diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical for business success in our increasingly complex and networked worlds, and the urgency has never been more clear.
In a six-session leadership development series, offered in partnership with Diversity@Workplace Consulting Group, participants at any level of their organization will be equipped with actionable tools and techniques to bring back to their workplaces.
During the six-session program, participants will gain competencies in:
- Foundational diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts, including terminology
- Identifying and interrupting conscious and unconscious biases
- Building the business case for diversity
- Equitable hiring, recruiting, and onboarding practices
- Acknowledging and interrupting microaggressions in the workplace
- Solving a unique DEI related issue at your workplace with your cohort and DEI experts
- Developing DEI goals for long term success at your organization
A digital certificate will be awarded upon full attendance at all six sessions.
Results: 95% of the Fall 2020 cohort reported that they plan to take at least one action in the next 30 days from what they learned in the certificate!”