- (949) 467-9513
Ryan S. Landis is a Partner at CMBG3 Law and is licensed to practice in California.
Recognized globally as one of the preeminent Prop 65 attorneys in the country, Ryan’s practice is focused on a range of matters related to environmental regulatory compliance, litigation defense and overall strategic consulting. Ryan has represented a variety of companies in litigation involving environmental and toxic torts matters, products liability, pollution control measures, premises liability and asbestos-related injury matters. His legal counsel and consulting work includes defense of enforcement actions under California’s Safe Drinking Water & Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (known as or “Prop 65”) as well as regulatory compliance and requirements under CERCLA, RCRA, the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, and state law counterparts.
Ryan has over 20 years of legal experience in compliance and litigation matters with representation ranging from Fortune 100 corporations to small start-up businesses. He has worked as a partner at two AmLaw 100 firms and has also worked for government agencies and public interest groups that include the State Attorney General in Alaska, the Santa Monica Baykeeper, and the Department of Defense/Southwest Engineering Command. Ryan has developed his expertise in strategic environmental counseling to focus on socially responsible solutions to complex challenges, and brings an innovative approach to consulting on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) programs and protocols in a multitude of industries that cover local, state, national and international issues.
Outside of the office, Ryan enjoys hiking, skiing, softball, pickleball and spontaneous road-trip adventures.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1998
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S., Environmental Law: Policy and Planning, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2013-2017
- Joe Gunter and Gilliam appealed and won a full reversal at the California Court of Appeal, challenging the trial court’s admission of a key piece of hearsay evidence. Hart v. Keenan Properties, Inc. (2018) 239 Cal.Rptr.3d 896, 897.