(617) 279-8221 Email me
Prior to joining CMBG3 Law, I managed complex environmental and asbestos litigation for one of the largest latent claims administrators in the United States. There, I specialized in claims and coverage disputes associated with aviation and talc products liability.
In my tenure, I oversaw hundreds of settlements and numerous cases tried to verdict. I gained valuable experience evaluating liability through a comprehensive understanding of product exposures, science and medicine defenses, and historical verdict values. I believe the greatest lesson I bring to CMBG3 is the demonstrable importance of understanding and effectively communicating the unique story of every client.
I am a graduate of Vermont Law School with Juris Doctor and Master of Environmental Law and Policy degrees. Advocating for environmental preservation is significant in my life and I am honored to join CMBG3 where associates are encouraged to pursue pro bono work to give back to the community. I live with my wife Kate and son Henry in Beverly, Massachusetts where we greatly enjoy participating in events hosted by the Trustees of Reservations and spending time at North Shore beaches.
- Vermont Law School, J.D., 2009
- Vermont Law School, Master’s in Environmental Law and Policy, 2009
- University of New Hampshire, B.S. in Environmental and Resource Economics, 2006
- New York
- Bayer’s Settlement and the Future of Glyphosate Litigation
- An Offer You Can’t Refuse: Massachusetts Court Upholds Insurers’ Right to Control
- Massachusetts Federal Court Clarifies Duty to Defend for Pollution Claims
- California Supreme Court to Review All-Sums Insurance Allocation
- Single Occurrence Ruling Upheld in Illinois – Long Term Impact To Be Determined
- Massachusetts Appeals Court Supports Insurers Right to Control
- Eric Robbie’s Business Interruption Article Published By PropertyCasualty360
- Major Drinking Water Advisory Group Releases PFAS Guidance Document
- CMBG3 PFAS Team Attends Webinar On PFAS Liability For Water Suppliers & Municipalities
- CMBG3 Q&A Spotlight: Cliff Pascarella’s Promotion To National Charitable Leadership Committee
- CMBG3 Participates In Lawyers Have Heart 5K To Support American Heart Association
- Nick Blei’s Covid-19 Article Cracks Top 10 Most Read On Law360
- Nick Blei Published In Law360 On Covid-19 State Liability Protections
- Congratulations Luis Barba – 2020 Super Lawyer and Up-and-Coming Star in Orange County!
- Five European Countries Push For PFAS Restrictions
- Congratulations To John Dupuis On His Maine Bar Admission!
- New England Law School’s dean’s list every semester
- New England Scholar award (top 10% of graduating class), New England Law School
- CALI Excellence for the Future award in Massachusetts Evidence class, New England Law School
- I am rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience.
- I was named to the “Rising Stars” list in New England Super Lawyers for five years, including 2016. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Massachusetts are selected as “Rising Star” Super Lawyers.
- I am also listed as a Massachussetts “Super Lawyer” for 2017.
- I also served as a judge for the Yale University Mock Trial Competition for the past six years.