(617) 279-8241 Email me
“Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
In over 8 years of practicing law, I have found that the role of a lawyer goes well beyond the four walls of a courtroom. Every day, I am presented with the unique opportunity to help my clients get through perhaps the most difficult time in their lives. It is this responsibility that motivates me to achieve success for my clients both professionally and personally.
From an early age, I was always taught the importance of a hard work ethic and persistence in achieving your objective. This can easily be attributed to being raised on Portuguese values where family, hard work and good food are the foundation to every household. While I was born in Stuttgart, Germany to a father in the United States Army, I was later raised in Rhode Island. After graduating from Rhode Island College in 2007 with a B.A. in International Management, I later earned my Law Degree from Florida A&M University College of Law in 2010.
Since graduating from law school in 2010, I have successfully litigated over 55 jury trials to verdict. It is with this experience that I have learned to treat a case as if it were a 3D image, one which contains numerous vantage points and theories and not just the one you see at first glance. As a passionate litigator, I now focus my practice in the areas of asbestos litigation, toxic torts, insurance defense, product liability, and construction litigation.
While I take pride in zealously representing my clients, I also dedicate a significant amount of time in giving back to the community. Whether I am volunteering for a local charitable organization, participating in community cleanups, or mentoring high school students, I always strive to leave a positive footprint along my journey.
- Florida A&M University College of Law J.D., 2010
- Rhode Island College, B.S. International Management, 2007
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- I am rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience.
- I was named to the “Rising Stars” list in New England Super Lawyers for five years, including 2016. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Massachusetts are selected as “Rising Star” Super Lawyers.
- I am also listed as a Massachussetts “Super Lawyer” for 2017.
- I also served as a judge for the Yale University Mock Trial Competition for the past six years.
- Dean’s Fellow, Vermont Law School
- Law Review, Vermont Law School