Gilliam F. Stewart
- (415) 957-2322
Gilliam F. Stewart is Senior Counsel at CMBG3 Law and is licensed to practice in California.
Gilliam has over a decade in litigation and consulting experience and his practice focuses on complex litigation, including toxic torts, Proposition 65 violations, personal injury, products liability, and consumer litigation. He manages all phases of litigation in state and federal courts from discovery, motion practice, and alternative dispute resolution to appellate practice. In addition, Gilliam advises clients on regulatory compliance under California’s Proposition 65 (the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986).
Gilliam excels at law and motion and appellate work. He has authored several appellate briefs and argued before the California Court of Appeal. He co-authored the winning appellant’s brief in Hart v. Keenan Properties, Inc. (2018), and authored a brief for the California Court of Appeal regarding the issue of when it is proper to name a fictitious “Doe” defendant for purposes of determining whether the relation back doctrine will save a plaintiff’s claims from the statute of limitations.
Prior to joining CMBG3, Gilliam worked for firms in San Francisco with focuses on toxic tort and claims brought under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and its extension, the Defense Base Act.
Outside of the office, Gilliam enjoys playing with his two incredible daughters, exploring the many cuisines the Bay Area has to offer, cooking for family and friends, and hitting the slopes at Lake Tahoe.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Villanova University, B.A. Finance, 2001
- USDC-CA (Norhtern District)
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2013-2017
- Joe Gunter and Gilliam appealed and won a full reversal at the California Court of Appeal, challenging the trial court’s admission of a key piece of hearsay evidence. Hart v. Keenan Properties, Inc. (2018) 239 Cal.Rptr.3d 896, 897.
- Prop 65 Changes Will Disrupt Business Compliance Planning January 13, 2021
- Amazon Ruling Impacts Prop 65 Issues October 9, 2020
- No Smoking? No Problem. New DNA Defenses in Non-Smoking Lung Cancer Cases June 23, 2020
- If You Know It When You See It, Do You Really Need A Warning? February 11, 2020
- Prop 65 Coffee Litigation May Be Drawing To Close October 1, 2019
- Small Business and Prop 65: Free Pass? Not So Fast August 29, 2019
- Prop 65 Proposals Take Aim At Cannabis Industry April 8, 2019
- Proposition 65 Affects CA Property Owners and Landlords, Too! March 13, 2019