John P. Gardella
- (617) 279-8225
John Gardella is a Shareholder and Chief Services Officer at CMBG3 Law. He is licensed to practice in Massachusetts and Tennessee.
A seasoned trial attorney with over 75 verdicts, John is the Chair of the firm’s PFAS, Environmental, Risk Management & Consulting, and ESG practice groups. His thought leadership and predictive risk abilities with respect to PFAS earned him the honor of being the only person in the country that was recognized as a thought leader on PFAS in 2020 and 2021 by the esteemed National Law Review. John is regularly interviewed by media on the subject of PFAS and other emerging chemicals of concern, and he consistently publishes his own thought leadership in several nationally syndicated resources, including Bloomberg Law, AM Best, and National Law Review. Private equity firms, the financial world, insurance companies, and corporations regularly seek John’s opinions on forward-looking environmental and chemical substances risk issues.
In his environmental and toxic torts practice, John represents companies ranging in size from small mom-and-pop businesses to Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies. Companies seek John’s expertise on matters ranging from compliance planning and audits to litigation of pending cases.
John also Chairs the firm’s CMBG3 Cares charitable program; is a member of the Association for Corporate Growth, the USA 500 Clubs, and the Environmental Business Council; and actively participates in and supports the firm’s DEI initiatives.
Outside of work, John is committed to supporting various charitable organizations, specifically through raising money for them through marathon and triathlon participation. Through these efforts, John has raised over $30,000 for the Martin Richard Foundation and Autism Speaks.
- 2000: Vanderbilt University, magna cum laude, B.A. Economics, minor Japanese
- 2003: Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D. (Associate Editor of the Vanderbilt Transnational Law Journal)
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Only attorney in the country named a National Thought Leader on PFAS by the National Law Review, 2020-2021
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2017 – 2021
- Rated “AV-Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience.
- Named to the “Rising Stars” list in New England Super Lawyers for five years, including 2016. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Massachusetts are selected as “Rising Star” Super Lawyers.
- Also listed as a Massachusetts “Super Lawyer” for 2017 – 2019.
- Selected to Rising Stars: 2008, 2011 – 2012, 2015 – 2016
In the Media
- “Glyphosate: Emerging Litigation Trend in MA and Beyond”, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers’ Association; April 2019
- “Talc Litigation: Getting Ahead of the Next Wave”, EECMA Conference; May 2018
- In house corporate presentations on glyphosate and talc litigation trends and future predictions
- Companies Should Prepare Now For European PFAS Regs, Law360 Products Liability and Environmental sections, July 16, 2020
- New Hampshire Adopts Aggressive PFAS Drinking Water Bill, The National Law Review, July 24, 2020
- Expectations For Glyphosate Litigation After Monsanto Verdict, Law360 Product’s Liability & Environmental sections, March 28, 2019
- The Future of Autonomous Vehicles, Claims Magazine (cover story), May 2019
- Risk Management In Elder Care Facilities, Claims Magazine, April 2019
- Navigating the Haze of Marijuana Laws, Claims magazine (cover story), November 2017
- ESG, PFAS and Emerging Chemicals: FTC Taking Aim? January 25, 2022
- PFAS TRI Reporting Expanded By EPA To 179 PFAS January 24, 2022
- John Gardella’s ESG Thought Leadership Published In Pharma Intelligence January 24, 2022
- ESG and Fashion: New York Takes Aim At the Industry January 24, 2022
- Greenwashing and Fashion Industry: UK’s Next Target January 23, 2022
- John Gardella Interviewed By Chemical Watch On PFAS Issues January 20, 2022
- David Goldman To Speak For AM Best Audience January 20, 2022
- Congratulations To Super Lawyers Christine Calareso and Luis Barba January 20, 2022
- Jen Carson Named To MA Business Roundtable’s Board of Directors January 18, 2022
- PFAS Risks and Construction Industry: Yes, EPA Actions Will Impact You! January 18, 2022